Good-afternoon and happy Sunday! Thank you so much to Abbie from Living with JHS for the nomination for The Liebster Award! It’s always lovely when people recognise your work and nominate you for an award. Even if you just take the time out of your day to read one or two posts thats more than I can ever ask for, so thank you!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your blog.
- Display an image of the award in your blog.
- Answer 11 questions that are provided by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate between 5 and 11 bloggers to receive the award.
- Create 11 questions for these nominees to answer.
- List these same rules in your blog.
- Inform those people who are nominated, that they are now nominated for the Liebster Award, and provide a link to your post so they can learn more about it.(More rules can be found here)
So here are my answers!
1) Who is your biggest inspiration, and why?
I would honestly say my biggest inspiration outside of my family/friends has to be Taylor Swift. I often talk about Taylor in my tweets, on Facebook… on anything really… i’m that girl. But i’ve been a fan since around 2009 and she’s the first musician I actually paid a great deal of attention too, mainly because of the way she tells a story, and the way she writes lyrics is fascinating to me. For someone to write lyrics so accurate to my life, it makes you feel less alone, and her music got me through some hard times. Not only that, she’s an amazing human being, she’s so gracious and is thankful for everything she has. Just google ‘Taylor Swift quotes’ and get ready for feels. (If I had to choose an inspiring person that I know, hands down it would be my mum)
2) How do you like to chill out with your friends?
Honestly, I enjoy watching TV series more than movies, so there’s nothing better (to me) than starting a TV series with a friend and both keeping up with it at the same time, it’s so much fun to experience the same show at the same time as someone else, it also makes for interesting discussions 😉 I enjoy just sitting listening to music, drinking wine or smoking with my friends and having a massive chat about life. I also enjoy going for midnight walks with people and discussing the universe, because, well… why not?
3) What is your favourite memory?
I couldn’t pick a single favourite memory in my lifetime because that would be impossible! But in the last few years the best thing that has happened has to be when I moved out to University and I experienced the freedom and experienced making friends from all over not only the UK but the world! I met my first american friend (who is awesome as hell) and experienced cooking for myself, cleaning, and having to rely on yourself and 5 others your own age (although it can be petrifying getting a phone call saying that one of your flatmates had turned the kitchen into a fire-pit…). It can be difficult but I can’t wait to get back into it and see everyone I left behind in December! The memories I created in my first month of University are my favourite that I still hold onto. I met some of the nicest people and had some of the funniest drunk experiences of my life… including dropping a full pizza on the floor and proceeding to pick the full thing back up and eating it. 5 second rule right?
4) Sweets, chocolate, or savoury?
5) What is the best holiday you’ve been on?
When I went to Amsterdam in 2014. It’s a whole new experience. If you’re thinking of going, stop thinking and just do it!
6) When you’re having a bad day, what cheers you up?
Usually music or writing.
7) What is your greatest achievement?
Either writing for HelloGiggles or getting a 1st in my Radio Drama for Screenwriting *waves hands in the air*. I also like to think that teaching myself the majority of basic chords on the guitar was a good achievement.
8) What is the last book you read?
The last book I read in its entirety was ‘IT’ by Alexa Chung.
9) Do you have any pets? If so, what do you have? If not, would you consider having any in the future?
I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Sammy and I love him more than any human I know (sorry mum) he is my best friend!
10) What is your favourite time of year, and why?
I like Spring and Autumn, I find that the in-between seasons are my favourite. Spring isn’t too warm, but can be warm enough to get your summer wardrobe out, and Autumn can be a nice mix before it gets so cold you can’t leave the house without 3 scarfs, 2 pairs of gloves and the thickest coat you could find in TopShop.
11) Finally, what inspired you to create your blog?
I had a blog over on blogger since my College days in 2013. My old college tutor believed that it would be something I would be good at and enjoy since I wrote a lot in my spare time anyway, and in my 2nd year of University I swapped it over to WordPress after telling my lecturer how many followers I had on my previous blog, and her insisting that I should use my time off University to help other people with my conditions and turn it into more of a lifestyle and health blog, as it’s something I obviously have first hand experience with and could use my writing to help other people out. It was also being used for my work experience before I had to finish University on health grounds. 🙂
My 11 Questions For You!
1) What inspired you to start a blog?
2) Favourite category in blogging?
3) How long have you been blogging for?
4) Whats your favourite food?
5) Who is an inspiration to you, and why?
6) One goal for this year?
7) Name one thing that makes you happy.
8) Name one thing that makes you sad.
9) Besides blogging, do you write anything else as a pastime? Books, poems, articles?
10) Favourite book of all time, and why?
11) Favourite store?
If you have any questions, please send me a message on twitter!